Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Reality...

As most of you probably already know, I have two children ages 1 and 2!! Yikes! No, they are good kids, just your typical one and two year olds really. When I found out 3 months after having Maddie that I was pregnant with Blake, I was anything but thrilled. But it has turned out to be the best joy in the world! Some may say its just like having twins...in reality, I have come to the conclusion that it's A LOT different than having twins. Both come with different and unique challenges but are anything but the same. See my kids are 11 months apart, which without being really, unbelievably silly, is almost the closest two kids can get without being adopted. :) With twins, they go through milestones at the same time and they do everything together. My kids...not so much! They think they are the same age but at one and two are still a lot different. One instance that comes to mind is a time at the store when Blake was first born and Maddie was only 12 months MAYBE 13 months. She wasn't walking yet...Well it was my first adventure to the grocery store with both of them by myself. I braved it, knowing I had to eventually anyway. Again, two kids...one a newborn and the other one not yet walking. Well about a half hour into grocery shopping, I smelled what seemed to be my baby boy Blake. I head to the restroom and don't think anything of it. I'll change Blake and keep Maddie in the cart. NOT...first off ,you can't take the cart into the bathroom. Ok...I'll just take Maddie out...Maddie can't walk! I think, "How do people do this??" I can't take Maddie out of the cart and sit her down on the bathroom floor so I can change Blake's diaper, I can't take the cart in. HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO CHANGE THIS SCREAMING KIDS DIAPER!? Well, the only quick solution I can come up with is to leave the cart where it sits and bring the kids to the car and change Bub's diaper out there where I can sit Maddie safely in the car. Success! Now on to finish grocery shopping. Atleast it's not snowing yet! :) A little over a year later I have successfully figured out more than one trick when it comes to challenging obstacles with my kiddos! Everyday is a new adventure...my life is anything but normal and boring!! Like I've said...my kids are excellent kids. They get on my nerves and scream more than I'd like...using me to scream more than I'd like...but the love I have for them surpasses everything! I still go to the grocery by myself with the two of them just like I'm supposed to, although I always leave one when i can! Or both... and trips to the grocery are still anything but easy with them pushing each other out of the carts now or stealing food off the shelves. But it's an easier adventure over a year later. I've always told my Mom that my life could easily be turned into a sitcom...since I can't do that, I've turned to blogging! :)

No comments: