Lilypie 3rd Birthday Ticker
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sick Kiddies...

Well, life has been full of fun around the Maye house lately. On Friday morning, my mother in law calls me to advise me that Blake has thrown up! LOVELY! Just what I need, yet another virus passing around my house! All weekend long, both kids are fine and acting normal. Despite possibly a tad hungry...see my thought was...if they just eat stuff thats light then maybe I'll avoid Blake throwing up again and Maddie starting. So they lived on popsicles, applesauce and gatorade and seven up. Nearly every store in town, well the ones I went to, were completely out of PediaLyte. (I guess its going around, huh?) Atleast Saturday was a primarily "liquid" diet. Blake, I had reason to, Maddie...well, it sounds mean now but at the time it seemed perfectly rational. :p Anyway...now its Tuesday! I've been up since three in the morning because both of my kids have started throwing up again! Ahhh, the joys of motherhood. My poor daughter, after throwing up in her bed, yelled for me. When I went in her room, she was sitting in a corner of her bed pointing at the mess and said "Mommy, I need a paper towel!" Bless her poor little sick heart! So I yelled for Mike to come get her so I can clean the room. That was done twice and then again for Blake. Why me!? I guess it happens with all families with small children...them rascals just catch every dang thing! Looks like we won't be going to Nashville for Thanksgiving...I feel AWFUL and a little disappointed but i just can't put two kids on the road in a car for five hours and not worry the entire thing about whats going to "come up". Also, my parents probably don't need this virus infecting their house either...its probably best for everyone I guess. Just a little sad. We'll make it out there another weekend hopefully. Well, night-night for now...we'll see what tonight holds!

No comments: